It is yet another rainy day here on the Seacoast of New Hampshire. If you are one of the lucky ones to have chosen this week for your vacation, you have my sympathy. At this point, what can you do but make the best of it.
With a prediction of more rain throughout the week, I thought you could use some suggestions on things to do in the area.
1. The Mall is the obvious choice, but keep in mind that others will have the same idea. Malls and movie theaters will be crowded. That said, there are three malls in the area, The Fox Run Mall, The Mall of NH, and The Maine Mall.
3. Barrington For less traditional (and less crowded) shopping, visit The Christmas Dove in Barrington. A Christmas wonderland, it is one of the largest Christmas stores in the country.
4. Dover Shopping on the Seacoast would not be complete without a visit to Salmon Falls Stoneware and Red's Shoe Barn in Dover. While there, you could also take the kids to The Childrens Museum of NH and The Woodman Institute.
Other historic and educational choices in the area include:
5. McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center in Concord
6. Seacoast Science Center at Odiorne Point in Rye
7. Albacore Submarine in Portsmouth
8. Kittery, Maine. In addition to all the outlet shopping, the granddaddy of shopping experiences on the Seacoast is Kittery Trading Post with three levels of the most extensive selection of outdoor recreational equipment, clothing and footwear in New England.
10. Local beaches You can still have fun at the beach when the weather isn't cooperating. The children will enjoy hunting for shells and driftwood and the boardwalk at Hampton Beach offers great atmosphere and lots of arcade fun.
12. Day Spa
If a day at the arcades with the kids isn't your idea of "vacation" then maybe some spa time would be appealing to you.
Adagio Spa Salon & Wellness Center in Barrington offers massage therapies and body treatments that will make you forget the rainy weather outside.
Don't let the weather ruin your vacation. Get creative and do something you otherwise wouldn't have had the chance to do. If you have children, the important thing to them is quality time with you...so make some memories!
Professional Home Staging services for the New Hampshire Seacoast
Portsmouth Rye Greenland North Hampton Dover Rochester Somersworth